BioLite Alpenglow 250 Lantern
250 Lumen Multicolor USB Lantern
The AlpenGlow 250 rechargeable lantern delivers ambient and task-based lighting, all inspired by nature. Featuring high-efficiency ChromaReal LED technology, accurately render the colors in your environment with the glow of warm natural light. Shake the lantern and the internal accelerometer unlocks additional features like Candle Flicker or a mesmerizing rotation of color. Small size makes it easy to pack and ready for the backyard or the backcountry.
- 250 lumens, runs for 5h HI & 200h LO
- 3200 mAh rechargeable battery
- IPX4 rating can withstand rain and splashing
- Shake to access special lighting modes
- ChromaReal LEDs create true tones at night
- USB-out charges devices or runs BioLite SiteLights
- Modes: Cool & Warm White (Dimmable), Candle Flicker, Single Color, Multicolor, and Cycling Color
- Also available in AlpenGlow 500 and Multipack
- What is the lumen count on HI and LO?
250 lumens on HI | 5 lumens on LO
- What does ChromaReal technology do? How do I access it?
ChromaReal LEDs are active on the Warm White Lantern setting. They emit broad spectrum light which helps colors pop and you can see textures/finishes more clearly in lowlight conditions. This can be really useful during nighttime cooking.
- Can I leave AlpenGlow outside overnight?
Keeping it outside overnight at your campsite is totally fine. AlpenGlow is IPX4 rated, which means it can handle dew and rain. For best protection against the elements, keep the ports securely closed with the rubber doors.
- Is AlpenGlow tabletop only or can it hang?
AlpenGlow IS hangable thanks to the hook located at the bottom of the unit. Makes for great overhead lighting.
- How fast does it take to recharge AlpenGlow from empty to full?
Approximately 2.5 hours
- How do I know how much battery is left when I'm using AlpenGlow?
There are four small LEDs at the bottom of the unit that indicate battery percentages.
When you are approaching empty, your unit will go into Low Power Mode: it will flash four times and then switch to low brigthness on warm or cool white (no other modes accessible). In Low Power Mode, AlpenGlow will provide an additional 1 hour of light. To exit Low Power Mode, recharge your unit.
- I keep pushing the button but I can't get to candle flicker or cycling modes - help?
Give it a shake! The internal accelerometer enables you to access those modes. Watch our instruction video for helpful detail on that.
- Can I control the speed of how fast the colors cycle in dynamic modes?
Yes, you can! When on dynamic single color (when the lantern is auto-cycling through one color at a time) or dynamic blended color (same but the lantern is a combo of colors), if you press and hold the top button, the lantern will briefly flash GREEN, YELLOW, RED: these correspond to  different speeds, green being the fastest and red being the slowest. Release your finger from the button on the color that represents the speed you want and AlpenGlow will adjust to that tempo.